Possibly the most important benefit of UV light disinfection is that it is non-toxic. UV light is environmentally beneficial, as opposed to the harsh chemicals that are occasionally employed in cleaning and sanitization treatments. Disinfection by UV radiation is a physical, not a chemical, process. Using UV light disinfection on food, food preparation areas, and non-food items is safe. Although excessive UV exposure can be harmful to people, with the right protection, this disinfection technique is safe and non-toxic for the restaurant, hotel, and healthcare sectors.
The fact that using ultraviolet sterilisation systems for disinfection can be far more successful than other approaches is the second major advantage. Numerous dangerous organisms are destroyed by UV radiation. For instance, did you know that mould and spores are destroyed by UV light? Other techniques of disinfection might not work or might leave a wet environment where fungi can grow. Since UV disinfection is a dry process, you can be certain that it will get rid of any mould that is already present and stop it from growing in the future.
If you’ve been keeping up with the news regarding antibiotic-resistant bacteria, you’re aware of the disastrous effects that some conventional antimicrobial agents and disinfectants have had. The emergence of microorganisms that are resistant to antibiotics is a serious issue for the medical industry. UV light disinfection uses physical means to kill bacteria, in contrast to conventional disinfection techniques. As a result, the questioned bacteria cannot develop an immunity to it. That’s a significant bonus, especially for medical clinics and assisted care residences. The second advantage of UV light disinfection is that the developed technologies can remain in situ in guest rooms, prepared for usage as necessary. The good news is that you may now instal a unit and leave it to operate on its own. No matter if you want to be able to disinfect rooms when they are vacant or on a predetermined cycle at night, different solutions can help you achieve it without even being there.
You might be surprised to learn that UV disinfection is a cheap sanitization technique. It’s a common misconception that because technology is used instead of chemicals, it must be expensive. This isn’t the case. A one-time investment in UV light disinfection technology can save you time and money for years because, thanks to a lens’ special feature, you won’t have to pay maintenance fees throughout the product’s life and because once installed, the unit can run on its own, unlike other methods, which require ongoing labour costs. Is UV light disinfection safe to use? is one of the questions we hear the most. People frequently link UV exposure to dangers like sunburn, but the important thing to remember is that UV radiation is safe when utilised appropriately. For added assurance that the product will only turn on when the room is empty, systems have redundant safety measures built in. If you take the necessary measures, UV light is less likely to hurt you than the harsh chemicals in cleaning products.